The Kurlender Farm was founded in 1951 by Levichi and Lily Kurlender and their 3 year old son, Tommy, who arrived from Romania after World War II. The family settled in Beit Hillel, which was still in the early stages of development. The settlers were accompanied by The Jewish Agency to the settlement and they were given a pregnant cow and a half a horse to start their new life. Three years later their second son, Ze’ev, was born.
At the beginning the family grew vegetables, milked cows, built a chicken coop and were selling their produce in Kiryat Shmona. Since then the farm has developed significantly and today has approximately 400 cows and combines old family traditions with today’s modern technology. As the orchards grew and developed so too did the organic branch including olives, pomegranates, grapefruit, oranges and lemons.
Today the farm is shared by three generations, Lily, Tommy, Ze’ev, Dror, Omer and tzachi.